Are you the internet person our laser cats are looking for?
The Tokyo Cheapo laser cats have a job opening for a part-time social media & community manager. Join our crew of riff raff, laser cats and cheapos running the world’s favorite site about Tokyo.
We have a huge audience (200,000 monthly readers) and lively following on social media, so it’s a great chance to prove your social media chops to the masses.
Type: Part-time, 8-10 hours/week
Location: Flexible (but able to meet in Tokyo a few times a month)
Remuneration: 50,000 yen/month
- Schedule and post current articles, events and images from Tokyo/Japan Cheapo onto our social media accounts – Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- General banter and interaction on our social media accounts
- Content marketing, e.g. share Tokyo/Japan Cheapo relevent and timely content on other networks (e.g. our coworking in Tokyo article was posted to hacker news and was subsequently voted almost to the top)
- Research and input events into our event listings
- Organise our monthly reader meet-up (this is pretty easy, basically just choosing the date and posting the details)
- Check and send the monthly newsletter
Other sporadic activities:
- Share other relevant content on our social media channels (retweets, articles, etc. from other sources)
- Take opportune “out and about in Tokyo” photos (e.g. 100yen beer, Free pizza, strange kitten poster) and post on our social media accounts
- Respond to comments and messages on social media our the website
- And anything else you can bring to the table to grow our audience and impress our laser cats
- Look out for viral activity – e.g. is there a new dog in a hat Japanese commercial on youtube we should write a post about?
What We’re Looking For
Need you to:
- Be good at funnies
- Be able to concoct catchy tweets/posts, but without descending to Huffpost depths, well unless you could get away with claiming it was ironic humour
- Give us some good examples in the job application
- Understand what each of the main social networks is good for
- Be organised and independent
Bonus points for
- Giphy talents
- Photoshopping animals (with laser eyes) into images