Commune has had a few different incarnations over the years. First it was Commune 246, then Commune 2nd, now it’s Commune Farmers Market.
Commune used to be a great mix of bars, interesting food and fun people. But sadly, the local NIMBYs kept complaining about the noise and commotion to the point where the organizers of Commune were forced to remove most of the food and drink options and convert it into a farmers market. There are still a few cafes and trucks selling drinks and meals, but the alcoholic refreshments are notably reduced.
Those who remember the fun and excitement of the old Commune 2nd will likely be a bit disappointed with what it has become.
Although the vibe is a bit different, the owners of Commune have set up ComMunE on the 10th floor of the new Parco Department Store in Shibuya. They serve tacos, coffee and bottled beer.
- 11 Best Foreigner-Friendly Bars in Tokyo
- Tokyo’s Elusive Night Markets
- Tokyo Events This Week: Setsubun (Bean-Throwing) Festivals
- Cheapo Weekend for Oct 6-8: Health and Sports Day
- Cheapo Weekend for June 2-3: Food, Film and Fireworks
- Cheapo Weekend for Nov 18-19: Autumn Leaves, Fiesta de España, Lucky Rakes
- Cheapo Weekend for Sep 9-10: Fashion, Free Fish and Festivals
- Cheapo Weekend for Aug 11-13: Festivals, Comiket and Dancing Pikachus
- Cheapo Weekend for June 3-4: Fireflies, Flowers and Featured Art
- Cheapo Weekend for April 15-16: Horseback Archery Heydays
- Cheapo Weekend for March 4-5: Art, Dolls and Blossoms
- Cheapo Weekend for Dec 3-4: Drinks, Markets, Art and More
- Tokyo Date Spots for Your Tinder Darling
- Cheapo Weekend for Aug 6-7: Bright and Lively Summertime Fun
- Cheapo Weekend for June 25-26: Art, Music, Markets and More
- Cheapo Weekend for May 28-29: One Love Jamaica and Laos Festival
- Cheapo Weekend for May 14-15: Sanja Matsuri, Tokyo's Biggest Festival
- Cheapo Weekend for Nov 19-20: Bright Lights and Loud Music
- Cheapo Weekend for March 19-20: Dragons, Tofu and St.Patrick's Day Festivities
- Cheapo Weekend for March 5-6: Art Exhibitions and Free Dance Party
- Cheapo Weekend for Feb 6-7: Plum Blossoms and Chinese New Year
- Cheapo Weekend for Dec 5-6: Floats, Fire and the Future
- 118 m from Omotesandō Station
- 0.7 km from Gaienmae Station
- 0.8 km from Meijijingū-mae Station