Join Yokohama’s only Segway tour that takes you along public roads and the stunning waterfront to capture the best views of this impressive city. Trained and guided by a friendly instructor, visitors can maximize their time and energy as well as adding a little adventure to their sightseeing schedule.APA Hotel and Resort Yokohama Bay Tower Canal Plaza
9.20 am or 1.20 pm
- A fantastic opportunity to explore the sights of Yokohama by Segway, meaning you can pack more into your day without the aching feet
- See the stunning waterfront skylines, contemporary Osanbashi Wharf, classic red-brick warehouses and more
- A certified instructor will teach participants how to safely ride a segway in a generously timed training session before the tour begins
- Tour includes Segway fee, training and guide fees as well as drinks and snacks plus digital copies of the photos taken during the tour!
- English speaking guides are available at no extra cost — just remember to select the option when booking
The tour takes in some of the city’s best-known spots, with plenty of time to stop for pictures and to just take in the view. Whether you’re cruising along the waterfront, sailing past the canals or exploring the quieter corners, the guide will keep you informed every wheel-turn of the way. You can choose from Japanese or English-speaking guides at no extra cost and learn all there is to know about Tokyo’s biggest neighbour.
Important: Riders require a driving license that is valid in Japan (i.e. an International Drivers Permit or a domestic Japan license.) Participants will also need to wear sensible shoes and ensure they use a rucksack or strap bag that doesn’t require holding. If participants cancel the tour within two days of the date, a 50% fee will be retained, and 100% if you cancel the day before. If the event is cancelled by the operator, no percentage will be taken.
As there is some flexibility for the training period and the time taken to complete the tour, these are estimates from the two start-time options, with a 2.5 hour guide-time given.
- 9.20 am / 1.20 pm: Meeting and Reception
- 9.25 am / 1.25 pm: Introduction to the tour
- 9.30 am / 1.30 pm: Training session on the Segways (approx. 30-60 minutes)
- 10.15 am / 2.15 pm: Tour begins (approx 90 minutes)
- 12 pm / 4pm: End of tour