Kagurazaka’s annual fall festival is a more than two-week bonanza that includes a bunch of fun and free cultural events, including tea ceremonies, concerts, Awa Odori dancing, and the Bake Neko Festival. Most look forward to November 3 when the Kagurazaka Street Painting will be held.
The main highlights of the Kagurazaka Festa include:
- Sunday, October 16: Bake Neko Festival, Waiters Race, free afternoon jazz performances at Akagi Shrine Kagura Hall, and traditional dancing from 6:30 p.m. at Zenkoku-ji Temple.
- Sunday, October 23 (2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.): Kagurazaka Machitobi Festa “Autumn Awa Odori”. Map on website.
- Saturday, October 29 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.): Handmade market.
- Sunday, October 30 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.): Free tour of Yarai Noh Theater and performances every 30 minutes.
- Thursday, November 3 (holiday): Anyone will be able to paint on a giant roll of paper placed along Kagurazaka Street.
- Every Saturday, Sunday, and holiday: Book Recycling Market at Nakamachi Library.
Official site ⚠️ Link in Japanese
- 335 m from Ushigome-kagurazaka Station Oedo Line (E5)
- 0.5 km from Iidabashi Station Namboku Line (N10)Tozai Line (T6)Yurakucho Line (Y13)Oedo Line (E6)Chūō-Sōbu Line (JB24)
- 0.5 km from Kagurazaka Station Tozai Line (T5)
Typical weather at this time:
High: 24 ºC Low: 16 ºC