The JR rail pass is a great money saver for visitors to Japan. If you are planning on visiting more than a couple of cities in Japan, the unlimited use of JR trains, which includes the Shinkansen (high speed “bullet train”) is a must. You zoom around the country with great ease and at fixed cost.
Our partners JRailPass make it easy for you to book your JR pass online and includes free UPS delivery worldwide in just a few days.
The JR Pass can be used for unlimited travel on:
- All the JR Group Shinkansen bullet trains, rapid/local or express trains and the BRT (Bus Rapid Train system).
- The Narita-Tokyo Express
- The Tokyo Monorail (connecting with Haneda Airport)
- The Yamanote (loop line), Chūō and Keihin-Tōhoku lines in Tokyo
- The Osaka Loop Line (connecting lines to Kyoto, Kobe, Nara and Nagoya)
- The IR Ishikawa Railway between Tsubata and Kanazawa
- The Ainokaze Toyama Railway between Takaoka and Toyama
- The Aoimori Railway between Hachinohe and Aomori