Sekaido’s main store in Shinjuku is a creative person’s paradise. Spread over five floors, this specialty art store has everything you could hope for—pencils, pastels, acrylics, oil paint, charcoal, pens, brushes, canvases, paper, frames and much, much more.
Make sure you pay for your purchases on each floor. A lot of the items don’t have barcodes, but the staff know the prices by heart.
Prices are competitive, but the thing that sets Sekaido apart is the enormous range of products, so you can usually find exactly what you are looking for.
Stationery, office supplies, fountain pens, customer service
Paper, washi paper, drawing, design, comic, anime goods, modelling materials, art related books
Western painting supplies, Japanese painting supples, wood block printing supplies, plaster, easels, calligraphy
Watercolor painting, photography, prints, posters, photo frames, hanging scrolls
Oil painting, glass, frames
The store is on Shinjuku Dori and is most easily reached from Shinjuku 3-Chome Station.
Related places and attractions
- Uematsu Art Supplies, Shibuya
- Shinjuku Loft (department store)
- Tokyu Hands Shinjuku
- 78 m from Shinjuku-sanchōme Station Fukutoshin Line (C13)Marunouchi Line (M9)Shinjuku Line (S2)
- 426 m from Shinjuku-gyoenmae Station Marunouchi Line (M10)
- 0.6 km from Shinjuku Station Marunouchi Line (M8)Shinjuku Line (S1)Oedo Line (E27)Yamanote Line (JY17)Chūō Line (Rapid) (JC5)Chūō-Sōbu Line (JB30)Odakyu Odawara Line (OH1)Keiō Line (KO1)Keiō New Line (KO1)