Who doesn’t want to swing a sword and emulate the warriors of feudal Japan? Experience being a samurai for yourself in one of the coolest activities in Tokyo. During your intimate lesson, you’ll get to dress up in a samurai outfit and train with a traditional katana (single-edged samurai sword).Shinjuku
1 hour (slots available from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Practice your katana skills (no prior experience needed!)
- Learn the way of the samurai from a knowledgeable instructor
- Take photos and videos in a samurai outfit
Change into a samurai costume, and learn how to draw, hold, swing and retract a sword. Your teachers are all highly experienced swordsmen and women who have appeared in major Japanese dramas!
Once you’ve mastered the basics, it’s time for a little chanbara — a play sword fight!
- Staff dressed in kimono will meet you at the designated point
- Change into your samurai outfit
- Learn the basics of swordsmanship
- Practice swordfighting