Enjoy the fall foliage at Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden after dark.
For autumn this year, the park is once again collaborating with art collective NAKED after the very popular Cherry Blossom Night Garden in spring. This is a great opportunity to see the red and golden leaves of the season in a new light.
You’ll be given a lantern to take with you around the park as you explore both real and digital autumn leaves. Highlights include an illuminated golden tree-lined avenue and Momijiyama (“Maple Mountain”). There will also be projection mapping by the pond.
Visitors can also purchase autumnal food and drinks (including edible maple leaves) and sit on the lawn. Alcohol is not allowed to be brought inside Shinjuku Gyoen, but you can pre-purchase some sake and mulled wine to be picked up in the park.
You can buy tickets in English here.
- From Monday to Thursday, tickets costs ¥2,000 in advance and ¥2,200 on the day.
- On Fridays, weekends, holidays, and days before holidays, tickets cost ¥2,200 in advance and ¥2,600 on the day.
There are also concession prices available. Last entry is at 9 p.m.
Add to Calendar
- 277 m from Shinjuku-sanchōme Station
- 302 m from Shinjuku-gyoenmae Station
- 0.7 km from Yoyogi Station