Claimed to be Japan’s largest outdoor cinema, Seaside Cinema Yokohama is also completely free.
Top films from Japan and around the world will be shown for free at top spots around Yokohama: Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse, Marine & Walk Yokohama, Yokohama Bay Quarter, and Yokohama World Porters. If the event becomes too busy, they may close access. It’s on a first-come, first-served basis, so get there early.
While there will be films playing every day during the event period — including plenty of Harry Potter movies — here are the ones you shouldn’t miss:
- 18:45: A Silent Voice at Red Brick Warehouse (Japanese audio)
- 18:45: C’mon C’mon at Marine & Walk (English audio/Japanese subtitles)
- 18:45: Nope at Marine & Walk (English audio/Japanese subtitles)
- 18:45: Belle at Red Brick Warehouse (Japanese audio)
- 18:45: Spirited Away at Red Brick Warehouse (Japanese audio)
Official site ⚠️ Link in Japanese
Rain or shine but canceled in stormy weather
- 0.6 km from Nihon-ōdōri Station Minatomirai Line (MM5)
- 0.6 km from Bashamichi Station Minatomirai Line (MM4)
- 1.1 km from Sakuragichō Station Blue Line (B15)Negishi Line (JK2)
Typical weather at this time:
High: 22 ºC Low: 12 ºC