This is New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s biggest event of the year.
Running every January since 1992, these matches (Wrestle Kingdom 17) at Tokyo Dome will see top wrestlers from across the globe come to Japan and battle it out. It will also be the first year to crown the winner of the NJPW World Television Championship.
The match will be streamed online in English on the NJPW World App.
Tokyo Dome is a big arena, so there are five ticket types available: Arena A (¥24,750), Arena B (¥13,750), 1F Stand (¥10,450), 2F Stand A (¥8,250), and 2F Stand B (¥4,950).
Doors open at 2:45 p.m. with kickoff matches at 3:30 p.m. and the main card starting at 5 p.m.
Who is fighting who?
There will be a double main event with current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jay White challenged by G1 Climax Winner Kazuchika Okada — odds are not in Okada’s favor, but he may surprise us. Also on the top bill will be Will Ospreay vs. Kenny Omega, both will settle their growing feud in the ring.
There will be plenty of other matches including:
- 7th match: Taiji Ishimori vs. Master Wato vs. Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado
- 6th match: Keiji Muto, Hiroshi Tanahashi, and Shota Umino vs. Los Ingobernables De Japon (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and BUSHI)
- 5th match: Karl Anderson vs. Tama Tonga
- 4th match: Ren Narita vs. Zack Sabre Jr. — this will decide the first ever NJPW World Television Champion.
- 3rd match: FTR (Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler) vs. Bishamon (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI)
- 2nd match: KAIRI vs. Tam Nakano — IWGP Women’s Championship
- 1st match: Catch 2/2 (TJP and Francesco Akira) vs. CHAOS (Lio Rush and YOH)
- Antonio Inoki memorial match: Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, and Togi Makabe vs. Tatsumi Fujinami, Minoru Suzuki, and Tiger Mask
- Kick-off match 2: KOPW 2023 Qualifier New Japan Ranbo (TBA)
- Kick-off match 1: Ryohei Oiwa vs Boltin Oleg