The Yamathon is a fundraising challenge where teams of three or four people compete to walk or run through Tokyo, visiting all 30 stations of the famous JR Yamanote train line. Teams can also choose to do a half-Yamathon, finishing at Mejiro Station.
This year’s event has been coined “Your Yamathon” since it will not be held on a single day due to COVID-19 restrictions. Instead, teams can choose to do their Yamathon on any day from October 1st to 31st.
- This is a fundraising event, with 100% of your registration fee going to NPO Yokohama Children’s Hospice Project.
- The Yamathon is a unique endeavour in that there is no set course. Basic directions are provided to all participants—part of the navigational challenge is to be creative and take shortcuts provided you visit all 30 Yamanote Line Stations.
- Teams must take a photo at every station to prove that they have completed the Yamathon circle.
The Tokyo Yamathon Board Members are a part of the IVG (International Volunteer Group), a group of volunteers who work together to support charities throughout Japan.
IVG is an entirely volunteer-founded group of people from across the globe with a desire to make a real difference!To prevent the spread of COVID-19, many events have been canceled. Always check official sites before heading to an event.
Tokyo's Best Events and Cultural Activities in Your Inbox Every Week
Add to Calendar
- 321 m from Tokyo Station
- 448 m from Yurakucho Station
- 0.5 km from Kyobashi Station