The themes of this festival are ‘eat’, ‘drink’ and ‘enjoy’ and while you could argue that these are the themes of 99% of festivals in Japan, the location of this festival makes it a bit more enticing.
On the streets of Tsukiji, you will find many stalls selling discounted products and seasonal ingredients every day from October 11 to October 23. On top of that, there will be a lottery and a meat festival.
The dates and events are as follows:
- October 11 to 23: Outside market (hours vary)
- October 13 to 15: A lottery will be held to win up to ¥3,000 in the market (8:00–17:00)
- October 22 to 23: Forget fish, a meat festival will be held with a beer garden in Ichibabashi Park (Sat, 10:00–18:00; Sun, 9:00–15:00)
Official site ⚠️ Link in Japanese
- 314 m from Tsukiji Station Hibiya Line (H11)
- 341 m from Tsukijishijo Station Oedo Line (E18)
- 0.6 km from Higashiginza Station Hibiya Line (H10)Asakusa Line (A11)
Typical weather at this time:
High: 23 ºC Low: 17 ºC