Located on the 52nd and 53rd floors of the Mori Tower, the Art Museum hosts a variety of contemporary art exhibitions throughout the year. There is no permanent collection; the space is used entirely for visiting exhibits from across Japan and the world, with a focus on Asian artists.
With the central location in Roppongi Hills and tickets including access to the observation deck, the gallery has plenty to attract visitors. You can visit the Sky Deck for an additional fee, to get a more open-air view of the city.
Pro tip: Get discounted tickets to Mori Tower by booking online.
While you’re in the area, check out these 10 free things to do.
- Mori Art Museum: Culture and Shopping on the Cheap
- Top 5 Cheapo Date Ideas in Tokyo
- Tokyo After Dark: A Guide to Seeing the City Come to Life
- Tokyo's Best Spring Art Exhibitions
- Best Art Exhibitions in Tokyo for Winter 2018-2019
- Summer 2019: Tokyo Pop Culture Events
- Grutto Pass: The Ultimate Cheapo Deal for Museum Enthusiasts
- 461 m from Roppongi Station
- 0.7 km from Nogizaka Station
- 0.8 km from Azabujūban Station