Rostro has been in the coffee trade, quietly roasting coffee in Tomigaya for sometime and just a stone’s throw from the uber-popular Fuglen. On 27th May this year they opened up a cafe, next door to their roastery, and this is good news for us coffee aficionado cheapos.
Good news because:
- Espresso is 250 yen
- Their morning set is 800 yen – toast, boiled egg, salad, yoghurt, salad, and coffee (latte +100yen)
- The have a full range of roast for whatever your particular coffee sensibilities are
- And they have spacious outdoor terrace seating!
The cafe is located on the quiet Kamaiyamacho walk way (between Tomigaya and Shibuya), plus it’s a real treat to have terrace seating beneath the trees.
The only slight minus was the espresso macchiato being priced the same as a latte (400 yen).
Eat In or Take Away?
Whilst there’s a few nice touches when you sit inside – free biscuit, charming coffee cups, crystal glass for your water, you also have to contend with higher prices for the coffee (about 50% yen more),
plus your have to listen to their ludicrously noisy and slow hand bean grinder!
Weather permintting, much nicer to sit outside.
- 220 m from Yoyogi-kōen Station
- 385 m from Yoyogi-hachiman Station