One of the largest and most historic cemeteries close to the center of Tokyo, Yanaka Cemetery is spectacular during cherry blossom season due to the large number of mature sakura trees planted among the graves.
The main entrance to the cemetery is across the railway tracks from Nippori Station, and only 2 minutes walk from the famous Yanaka Ginza steps.
- Top 3 (Long) Urban Walking Routes in Tokyo
- Time Travel Tokyo: The City’s Best Old-World Districts
- Yanaka: Old Town Tokyo at Its Best
- 9 Free and Fun Places to Take Your Kids in Tokyo
- How to Hanami, with a Twist: Unique Ways to Enjoy Cherry Blossom Season
- Mega Guide: The Best Places to See Cherry Blossoms in Tokyo
- 479 m from Nippori Station
- 0.6 km from Sendagi Station
- 0.8 km from Nezu Station