As the temperature gets to ridiculous highs, it’s the perfect time to hide out at an air-conditioned museum — at night.
For the first time since the pandemic, many museums in Tokyo will open their doors after hours, from 5 p.m. to either 8 p.m. or 9 p.m.
As well as the museums below, the Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum in Koganei Park will hold a special night event from Aug. 5 to 6 (from 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.) and the Zukan Night Museum is back on Friday nights. There will also be a mystery solving event at most places.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum in Ueno (Every Fri. from Jul. 28 to Aug. 25)
- Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum in Meguro (Every Fri. from Jul. 21 to Aug. 25)
- Tokyo Photographic Art Museum in Ebisu (Every Thu. and Fri. from Jul. 20 to Aug. 31)
- Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo in Kiyosumi Shirakawa (Every Fri. from Jul. 21 to Aug. 25)
- Tokyo Shibuya Koen-dori Gallery in Shibuya (Every Fri. from Jul. 28 to Aug. 25)