Yoyogi Park is host to a wild array of cultural events every weekend, from cultural festivals from across the world to local dance troupes meeting up to hone their skills.Whether you need a break from the busy streets of Tokyo or just want to have a picnic, there’s nowhere better for free entertainment in the city.
With wide lawns, ponds and shady forests, you can enjoy a stroll and see what’s going on—as the free practice space means you could wander across anything from circus tricks to hip-hop dancers, and since it’s Japan, they’re usually pretty good too. There’s a well-known collection of rockabilly dancers that gather on Sunday mornings at the east entrance.
The festival events square is booked up almost every weekend of the year with cultural celebrations and is a pretty safe bet to explore if you don’t have much to do.
- Kawazu-zakura: Where To See Early-Blooming Cherry Blossoms
- 101 Fun and Interesting Things to Do in Tokyo
- How to Join a Cherry Blossom Viewing Party—Even If You Don’t Know Anyone in Tokyo!
- Top 5 Cheapo Date Ideas in Tokyo
- Kōyō: 14 Places to See Autumn Leaves in Tokyo
- Quick Guide to Souvenir Japanese Antiques
- Fun, Free and Cheap Things to Do in Harajuku
- Tokyo Events This Week: Setsubun (Bean-Throwing) Festivals
- 257 m from Harajuku Station
- 0.5 km from Meijijingū-mae Station
- 0.8 km from Yoyogi-kōen Station