The Tokyo Cheapo Story
Founded in April 2012 by hobo entrepreneur Chris Kirkland and 14 year Tokyo tech veteran Greg Lane, Tokyo Cheapo was a blog created to dispel the myth that Tokyo is extremely expensive, and help cheapos all over the world come visit or live here on a budget. The site has gone from strength to strength, it now has over 50 thousand readers each month and growing plus a healthy roster of cheapo writers contributing to the site.
We’re not just about getting the absolute lowest price – we’re about getting the best value, so we’re always on the look out for hacks and tricks to get stupidly good value.
Here’s some of our most popular/notable articles:
- 101 Cheap and Free things to do in Tokyo
- “Cheap sex” in Tokyo
- Tokyo, 3 days+ nights on 10,000yen (100USD)
- 9 things you should know before visiting Tsukiji Fish Market
- Founded April 2012
- Over 54K unique visitors each month
- Publishing articles 4 – 5 times a week
- Featured on NHK TV (Japanese public network)
Images & Logo
High Rez Images in this folder