Mount Takao is a popular, easy-to-access and easy-to-climb mountain on the west side of Tokyo. Topped with a temple, shrines, plenty of gift shops, eateries and other tourists—many of whom opt for the cable car rather than the hike to the top.
By some accounts, no doubt due to its proximity to Tokyo, it is the most climbed mountain in the world.
- Diamond Fuji: A Natural Gem Worth Beholding
- February 2021: 5 Events Not to Miss in Tokyo
- Autumn in Tokyo: A Guide to the Golden Season
- Autumn Day Trips from Tokyo to Give You Those Fall Feels
- Life As an Ascetic Monk on Mt. Takao
- Fujino: A Place for Artists, Lovers and Eco-Warriors
- Take a Trip to Takao: Tokyo's Favorite Mountain
- Tokyo Events This Week: Ringing In the New Year
- 2.5 km from Takaosanguchi Station