Makuhari Messe is a multi-purpose venue in Chiba Prefecture that hosts trade shows, sports events and concerts. Although there are plentiful hotels in the vicinity, these are almost always full for major events, so are best booked well in advance. For some events, such as the Tokyo Game Show, the venue can become intensely crowded.
During the 2020 Olympic games the venue will host the Wrestling, Fencing and Taekwondo events. The Paralympic Games will bring Goalball, Taekwondo, Sitting Volleyball and Wheelchair fencing to the arena.
- Where to Be on New Year's Eve: Tokyo Countdown Parties
- Getting from Tokyo to Summer Sonic: Your Transport Options
- September 2019: 5 Events Not to Miss
- January 2019: 5 Events Not to Miss
- December 2019: 5 Events Not to Miss in Tokyo
- Custom Cars Take Over Makuhari Messe
- What to Expect at Tokyo Game Show
- Sep–Oct Tokyo Cheapo Calendar: 5 Autumn Events Not to Miss
- Summer 2019: Tokyo Pop Culture Events
- Tokyo Game Show 2014 - Pre-show Report
Has wheelchair accessible toilets
- 0.6 km from Kaihin-Makuhari Station