Tokyo events for Monday, December 19 to Sunday, December 25, 2022.
It’s Christmas! Deck the halls, set out the cookies and milk, listen to some carols, eat some KFC, or attend one or two of these Tokyo events.
Nishiarai Daishi Temple – End of Year Festival
Adachi Ward’s Nishiarai Daishi temple will hold its Osame No Daishi end of year ‘closing’ festival to sell lucky items and food. The temple is one of three great temples of the Buzan branch of Shingon Buddhism in the Tokyo region.
Kasukabe Hagoita Market
The Hagoita Market features a form of art traditionally sold at this time of year and for which Kasukabe is famous. The origin of the Hagoita is as a paddle-like racket for playing a badminton-like game called Hanetsuki. They are however more likely to be ornamental.
Shinjuku Candle Night
On December 23 and 24 of Shinjuku Twinkle Park, around 4000 candles will make their appearance in the Water Square. The first hundred or so visitors will get to design their own candle holders. It will take place from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and will be canceled if it rains.
Tokyo Michi Terrace 2022
Tokyo Michi Terrace is a light-up event that has happened for the last few years on the Marunouchi side of Tokyo Station. Early versions featured projection mapping directly on to the newly restored facade of the station and the event was so popular that it was cancelled on one night due to the traffic disruption.
Sexy Santa, the Ultimate Ladies Night
If you aren’t into spending the Christmas holidays in the traditional way — or have decided to ditch your office party early, head down to R3 Club Lounge and party all night instead. Grab something red and white and go see if you ended up on the naughty or nice list.
On-going events ending this week
- Roppongi Hills Christmas Illumination 2022 (until Dec. 25)
- Odaiba Rainbow Fireworks (Dec. 24)
- Roppongi Hills Christmas Market (until Dec. 25)
- Shibuya Blue Cave Illumination (until Dec. 25)
- Tokyo Christmas Market 2022 (until Dec. 25)
- White KITTE 2022 (until Dec. 25)
- Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse Christmas Market (until Dec. 25)
- Tokyo Skytree Dream Christmas 2022 (until Dec. 25)
- World Wine Festival Winter 2022 (until Dec. 25)
- Miyashita Christmas Park (until Dec. 25)
- Midtown Winter Lights 2022 (until Dec. 25)