The rescheduled 32nd modern Olympic Games will be held in and around Tokyo over a two week period in
mid Summer 2020 mid Summer 2021. Despite the year change, organizers are sticking with the “2020” in the name.
The main venue for the games will be the New National Stadium under construction in the Kasumigaoka district of Shinjuku Ward.
Late July and early August experience some of the hottest temperatures of the notoriously hot and humid Tokyo summer, so not just the athletes but the spectators as well will need to stay well hydrated and take precautions not to get sunstroke.
Other venues include:
- Ajinomoto Stadium (football)
- Ariake Arena (volleyball)
- Ariake Coliseum (tennis)
- Enoshima (saliing, surfing)
- Kasai Rinkai Park (canoeing – slalom)
- Makuhari Messe
- Nippon Budokan (judo, karate)
- Olympic Aquatics Center (swimming, diving, synchronized swimming)
- Tokyo Imperial Palace (road cycling, marathon, road-walk)
- Tokyo International Forum (weightlifting)
- Saitama Super Arena
- Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium (table tennis)
- Yoyogi National Gymnasium (handball)
DISCLAIMER: Tokyo Olympics, Tokyo 2020 and Olympic Games are trademarks of the International Olympic Committee. Tokyo Cheapo uses them only in the context of journalistic reporting. We have no official connection with the Tokyo Olympics, nor is any such connection implied.Organizers may cancel events, alter schedules, or change admission requirements without notice. Always check official sites before heading to an event.