The 32nd modern Olympic Games will be held in and around Tokyo over a two week period in mid Summer 2020.
The main venue for the games will be the New National Stadium under construction in the Kasumigaoka district of Shinjuku Ward.
Late July and early August experience some of the hottest temperatures of the notoriously hot and humid Tokyo summer, so not just the athletes but the spectators as well will need to stay well hydrated and take precautions not to get sunstroke.
Other venues include:
- Ajinomoto Stadium (football)
- Ariake Arena (volleyball)
- Ariake Coliseum (tennis)
- Enoshima (saliing, surfing)
- Kasai Rinkai Park (canoeing – slalom)
- Makuhari Messe
- Nippon Budokan (judo, karate)
- Olympic Aquatics Center (swimming, diving, synchronized swimming)
- Tokyo Imperial Palace (road cycling, marathon, road-walk)
- Tokyo International Forum (weightlifting)
- Saitama Super Arena
- Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium (table tennis)
- Yoyogi National Gymnasium (handball)